Hallo and welcome, family and friends! I got the idea for this picture blog from my sister-in-law (she photo blogs about her kindergarten class). I really want Lillie's family and friends to be able to be involved in her day to day life, even though they live in a different country.
September 24th- Lillie and I, after saying goodbyes to Oma, Great Grandma, and then G'ma and G'pa headed through security at the airport to head back to Germany. An interesting fact, babies are subjected to taking their shoes off for metal detectors too! Her little sneakers (that her Aunt Marissa bought her) looked too cute on the x-ray conveyor belt. Lillie rode in my front carrier while we walked to the gate. We got there with plenty of time to spare and then we boarded our first flight to Newark. She had a good flight. We had a very nice neighbor who played with Lillie while she was awake, and then she slept the majority of the four hours on me. She woke up right before the plane landed and sat in our neighbors lap and played with his id necklace while I packed our bag. We were 40 minutes early when we got to out gate for our next flight, so Lillie and I perused the gift shops. I found a duck that quacks just like her inflatable duck tub that got left in Texas. She started flailing her arms for it so I went ahead and got it for her (I know, sucker). She played with her duck and my straw until we boarded. When we got on to our 6 hour flight, from Newark to Frankfurt, Germany, she was so very hyper and squirmy and talking at the top of her lungs. She didn't settle down until about 9 pm, when she just cried because she was tired, until she finally fell asleep. We both caught some z's.
Saturday, Sept. 25th- She woke up right before we landed and sat with the neighbor while I packed up our diaper bag. Flight 3 was only going to be an hour but we had to get through passkontrol and then walk the whole airport. She was so good, and was just a flying baby while I ran my butt off. We finally made it and got on the flight. The nice flight attendants gave her a little duck toy that has flip flops and a Hawaiian shirt. We played with him for a while, while the baby behind her stood up over the seat so they could see each other. Once we were both buckled in, she was passed out and stayed that way the whole 45 minute flight. When we got off, lots of people volunteered to help us, so we were able to get all our luggage quickly. Unfortunately, they lost our car seat. A nice German lady lead us to the lost luggage and Lillie finally got to see her daddy again. They were both all smiles and they cuddled and played while I talked to the lady about our missing car seat. Thankfully, Lufthansa lets you borrow a car seat, if they have lost yours, and then you exchange when they drop yours off. We had an easy car ride, Lillie slept the whole way. We got home, ate and fell back asleep. She got back up around six, ate again and went back to sleep. Then she was up from midnight to one and back to sleep.
September 26th- I woke up at noon and we had to wake Lillie up. She spent the day playing with me and Daddy, Kallie and playing in her play pen. She had fun smooshing her face into the side of the play pen. She took a nap and then went out to dinner with us. She ate and went to bed when we got back, but woke up again at midnight and didn't go back to sleep for a couple of hours.
September 27th- Daddy went back to work early in the morning, so it was just me and Lillie. I woke up at 1330 and took Kallie out before I woke her up. She was groggy and hungry. I asked her today if Kallie was her puppy and she said, "yes, dog." I almost died laughing. She didn't nap, so she was pretty cranky. We practiced her talking. When she got up this morning, all that she wanted to say was, "Dada". But I got her to say, "dog", and "ja" several more times. She sat in the kitchen with me while I made lunch on one of daddy's jackets and played with some tupper ware. Then daddy came home and we got ready and went to the commissary and the px. She was asleep until we went to have dinner. She had fun watching all the other kids in the food court and staring at all the people. She got a little fussy on the way back, and the she went to bed. Today's pictures are:
The first is her standing, on her own while licking on the side of her playpen, multitasking!
The second she is having fun with her bowl after breakfast.
The third is after we got back from the PX, sporting a sweater that her G'ma bought her and the rest that she got from Stephanie Bivens. She was standing all by herself here too.
This video is of her paying on the side of her playpen.
This is from brunch this morning. I was trying to get her to say, "dog" but she was concentrating more on food, as she should!
Lillie just woke up again. Tucker was about to go to sleep when she did. I let her play for about half an hour and then put her back to bed, after a bottle.
Gute Nacht!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment